Check your eligibility to become an Approved Employer
Your responses indicate you may not be eligible to become an Approved Employer. If you would like to discuss your eligibility to apply you can contact the SWP Information Line on
Please read Things you should know before you apply
before deciding to apply to become an Approved Employer under the SWP. To apply you will need to register for an eCitizen account and log into SWP Online to access the SWP Application.
Please note that this check provides an indication of whether an entity may be eligible to become an Approved Employer under the SWP. For further details on eligibility please refer to Process to become an Approved EmployerOpens in a new window. A full assessment of eligibility will be undertaken once an application has been lodged to the department.
A valid ABN is required in order to apply for the Seasonal Worker Programme.
Things you should know before you apply
- The Seasonal Worker Programme is an economic aid program to benefit the participating countries of Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
- Seasonal workers can stay in Australia for up to nine months.
- You must sponsor seasonal worker's visas – as a sponsor you have a range of responsibilities.
- You will have certain responsibilities to ensure the welfare and wellbeing of seasonal workers while in Australia.
- You must provide seasonal workers with a minimum of 30 hours work per week (on average) for the duration of their placement.
- You must pay up front the full cost of return international airfares for each seasonal worker (you must pay the first $300 of these costs, and can recoup costs over $300 by authorised deductions from the seasonal worker’s wages).
- You must arrange accommodation for seasonal workers.
- The average time for processing an application is 12 weeks.
- Should your application be approved, you will need to enter into a Deed of Agreement with the and be approved as a Temporary Activities Sponsor by the
- Once your Deed is executed and sponsorship obtained, you need to allow a minimum of 6 weeks for processing of your recruitment request by the and for the to process seasonal worker's visas.
- New approved employers are approved to recruit a small number of seasonal workers for their first placement (known as a recruitment cap). You may seek a review of the cap for later recruitments, and any increase is usually applied gradually.
- Each seasonal worker placement must have a minimum of two seasonal workers.
Note: Should you need seasonal workers within the next five months, you could contact an existing Approved Employer that is a
labour hire company or contractor
. You will need to allow at least 6 weeks for processing the recruitment application.